Monday, September 29, 2008

Was cooking ever so easy?

My husband left today on a business trip so dinner tonight was all me. I found myself "cooking" my most frequently eaten meal as a single adult. It's basically a salad wrap made with whatever I have on hand.

I know the picture isn't magnificent, but it was an afterthought. I'd already eaten one wrap.

This was the version I made tonight:

Salad Wrap
a plate full of chopped lettuce, romaine is my lettuce of choice
black beans mixed with rotel (left over from another dish)
1 cheese stick, chopped into pieces
1/2 avocado, diced
dressing of choice (I used Italian tonight)
burrito sized tortilla or two

Mix all together and either stuff a tortilla or rip pieces of tortilla and eat a bit at a time. Easy. Healthy. Yummy.

7 comments:

Mashley said...

HEY this is Matt aka Grover! I was looking through my saved bookmarks and came across your blog! I hope you remember me :) If you get a chance, toss me an email so we could trade baby stories. my email is ricemb at gmail.com. it would be great to hear from you and hear about your son!

Jodi Reeve said...

Looks yummy, thanks for the idea

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Hey Grover. crazy to hear from you. I will email to hear how you're doing!

randa_joy said...

SO, my mom and dad and sister were over for dinner last night. I made your MILLIONAIRE chicken. I have made this about 3 times before and my guests were gushing. I do a couple things differently than the recipe like an extra clove of garlic, a couple extra onions, extra ginger, slivered almonds and I leave the chicken in large chunks so it doesn't absorb too much sauce, which I like to drizzle over the rice and steamed veggies. Anyway thanks for the recipe. I love it!

Indiana Haffners said...

Thanks for the hummus recipe - I've been wanting one without tahini paste! A random thing as well - do you use saffron? I've got some from Morroco (my trip this summer) I'd sell at a deal if you're interested.
Keep up the good cooking! I use that cookbook you made me ALL the time!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I've only used saffron once or twice in my life, so I'm not the ideal customer...

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Randa, I'm glad you like the millionaire chicken. I"ll have to post it on this site sometime...