A better burger bun- 8 buns
3/4 C. water
2 Tbsp butter
1 large egg
3 1/2 C. bread flour
1/4 C. sugar
1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp yeast
- If using active dry yeast, proof it in the water with the sugar and add the rest of the ingredients after it bubbles. If using instant yeast, just add all the ingredients at the same time.
- Knead by hand or mixer. (If using a mixer, know mine was a stickier dough and did not clear the sides of the bowl. I had to scrape it down a couple times.) Form it into a ball if it isn't already.
- Place it in a greased (I used spray) bowl and cover it for 1 hour or until double.
- Gently deflate the dough and divide it into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a 1"(ish) thick and about 3 in. across.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet, cover, and let rise 30-60 min. or until very puffy.
- Lightly brush with an egg wash.
- Bake at 375* for 12-15 min. or until golden.